top of page
Trauma-Based Care a microlearning experience using EdApp
About this project
As a team member on an Agile Scrum team with DesignxHumanity, I took on the role of content developer and designer. I sought resources, discussed with SME's, and developed content to teach k-12 teachers about Trauma-Informed Care.
I was primarily in charge of the development and design of lessons 2 and 3. I also designed the resources page.
In addition, I created the wireframe template, shared ideas, assisted in testing and brainstorming throughout the process. This project went through three 2-week sprints following the ADDIE process.
Trauma Informed Care Microlearning
Our process started with voting on a topic that could be used to encourage equity and/or anti-racism in the k-12 classroom. We chose Trauma-Based Care because of the abundance of resources, person experience, and access to a SME.
Then, we gathered and categorized resources. We created objectives based on gathered information and knowledge from our SME, and then continued with a course outline.
Next, the team divided up the course outline. I created a wireframe that was utilized by all team members and provided as a template for the 10+ other Scrum teams.
After wireframing all content, we held a sprint meeting to review content, provide suggestions, and iterate. After our second iteration received team-wide approval, we continued with the development stage. I was in charge of content development, wireframing, and design for lesson 2 (What is Trauma-Informed Care?) & 3 (What Causes Trauma?).
After content was written & approved, I explored the EdApp features to determine interactions and the amount of content per page and available interactions. I designed knowledge checks for each section to help reinforce content. I decided to interleave previous content into each lesson's knowledge checks to assist users in remembering key information.
I brought the content into EdApp and iterated based on user experience. During development, I realized certain interactions that I thought would work for specific pages wouldn't due to spacing and size constraints. I continued to iterate until the design was consistent and had an enjoyable user experience.
I decided on Adobe stock photos that were appropriate for the content and passed the URL to our image manager. The image manager then downloaded, resized, and provided me with the images. I added the images into the app as a final step.
Final Product: Lesson Two & Three
The videos below demo the final lesson that was released on the app.
Click the screen to play, pause, and restart.
View an early iteration of the design for lesson three.
Changes were made after QA and user testing. We also made changes to adhere to new style guide elements.
Implementation & Evaluation
This lesson has been released in partnership with EdApp and UNITAR as part of the Educate All initiative. This course is part of a library of courses that help accomplish the 2030 Agenda and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
bottom of page